Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Can I multiply myself, just for maybe a few weeks...

I have several university interviews so far, as well as starting a new job on Friday. I wasn't nervous till now, but after i wrote that I just got VERY nervous. Money is good though, as well is a new start.
I'm going to please myself by writing down some uni interview tips, whilst I wait for my washing machine to finish it's cycle...

  • Confidence - this is the key I believe. Don't let the interviewers intimidate you, nor let them make you feel less confident. 
  • Speak conceptually - and in 'art terms' 
  • Study your artists/designers and know them
  • GO AND SEE EXHIBITIONS AND GALLERIES!
  • Be yourself
  • Talk honestly 
  • Don't over-talk. No need to talk about every step taken in photoshop or how you used a "darken filter at 47% opacity"
  • BE YOURSELF
  • maybe be yourself.
I think thats enough for now. And tips for starting a new job? Heaven knows I have no idea....I have to use a cash register?? Crap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment